The module is built with the SO-DIMM form factor, making it easier to tailor the product with appropriate external interfaces and connectors.
The module includes a complete processor system tightly coupled together with a 22K LUT Altera FPGA, providing flexibility and support for a broad range of application, for example:
- Distributed IO systems
- Industrial controllers
- Ethernet switching systems
- Data capturing systems
- Supervision/Monitoring systems
- Cryptography systems
ARM processors are fully supported by a wide range of software/tools, both open-source and commercial versions:
- GNU tool suite (GCC, GDB etc)
- Commercial compilers and operation systems.
- Linux, eCos, RTEMS etc.
Flexibility is provided by the Altera FPGA:
- ALTERA Cyclone IV GX
- 22K LUT
- 40 Multipliers 18×18
- 2 PLLs
- 4 High Speed SERDES channels
The three devices (FPGA, Micrel SoC, USB) are all connected via a PCI interface, which is a multi-master bus, allowing all connected devices access into each others internal feature set.
The SO-DIMM interface is a cost-efficient interface to an IO-board hosting the required peripherals, also making it easier to upgrade/modify the system depending on peripheral requirements.
System block schematic and features
- ARM9 High-Performance CPU Core
- ARM9 at 166MHz
- 8KB I-cache and 8KB D-cache
- 32 bit ARM and 16 bit thumb instruction set
- Ethernet Transceivers and Switch Engine
- Five 10/100 Ethernet transceivers and five MACs (1P for WAN interface, 4P for LAN switching)
- 100BASE-FX mode option on the WAN and one LAN port
- Wire speed, non blocking switch
- 802.1Q tag based VLAN
- Port based VLAN
- IGMP snooping
USB 2.0 high-speed HUB
- EHCI host controller
- root HUB with 5 downstream facing ports
ALTERA Cyclone IV GX
- 4 high speed transceivers; PCI Express (PCIe), Gbps Ethernet (GbE)
- SO-DIMM 200 pin
- USB, 5V or single cell Li-ion or Li-polymer battery
Further information and orders
For further information and order please contact ORSoC at email@example.com